The Potomac River valley north of Georgetown is surprisingly wild - I spent a lot of time wandering around there and exploring when I was a kid, and still do sometimes even now that I'm a grown up.
Here's an article from yesterday's Washington Post about one of Washington's true characters, in this case, Paula Smith, a bit of a "strange bird" who's made wandering this urban wilderness her whole life and maybe knows more about what goes on in this unusual urban wilderness better than anyone else:
Washington Post Article
Incidentally, Ms. Smith is concerned about an increase of illegal deer hunting ("poaching") on National Park Service land. A sign of the economic times?
More Than 500 U.S. Citizens Have Been Detained, Including Handcuffed or
Held at Gunpoint, in Trump’s Immigration Crackdown
-
The post More Than 500 U.S. Citizens Have Been Detained, Including
Handcuffed or Held at Gunpoint, in Trump’s Immigration Crackdown appeared
first on Pro...
No comments:
Post a Comment